Chair ideas to inspire you
Short on ideas to do a makeover on your chair? Sometimes getting started is the hardest. The first step is to find an idea or theme. Perhaps one of the following will provide you with inspiration.
- Leftover paint in old paint cans, in several colours if possible
- Leftover wallpaper can add interesting textures or patterns
- Use old maps, papers, books that are falling apart to make a collage
- Old photos or recipes can be re-assembled into new pictures
- Toys or games could be incorporated into a games theme
- Clothing no longer worn or old fabrics & linens, potholders, tea towels can dress up a chair
- Could an old suitcase be repurposed into a chair
- Objects, or collection of objects, make interesting patterns, textures or shapes, such as grommets, washer, sewing supplies
- Bottle caps, food labels, food boxes can make an interesting collage
- Any junk you may be throwing away or recycling could make a patchwork quilt
And of course there are lots of websites to check out too, including Google and Pinterest.
With an idea in hand, the next step is to gather the materials and tools needed and to set up a space to work on your chair.
Some like to play music while creating, if you are one of those then turn up the volume and let the music inspire you. Others prefer quiet, with the distraction, giving a strong focus on the task at hand. Do whatever works for you.
Remember to step back once is a while to see how the chair looks from a distance. Look at it from various angles. Or even come back the next day to get a fresh perspective on how it looks. And most importantly, have fun.
Comments are closed.
Awakening the heart
Artist - Anne Warburton
& add this blog to your RSS Reader with this link:
Or email me:
It's taken years to discover the medium I enjoy the most. And how what I have learned before somehow fits into what I am doing now. Even when I travel my needles and threads are with me so I can continue to create while away.